Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Child’s Estimate of Parents’ IQ

Child’s Estimate of Parents’ IQ: "



song chart memes

God, if this isn't the truth. I must admit, I was guilty of this with my children, but why do all parents think that their child is the most brilliant thing of all time? I ran around telling everyone who would listen that my child's head size was in the 95th percentile. That means her head is big, so her brain is big, so she is smart! I heard a new parent the other day telling everyone that their son was in the 98th percentile in foot size! So effing what!

The new parent always amazes me, and they ALL do this. My nephew, who is the cutest kid on the planet, is suffering through a mild case of this right now with his parents, but his parents are nowhere near as bad as most parents. Just because your kid eats veggies two weeks ahead of schedule does not mean he is going to finally crack the genetic code when he gets older. Let your kid live! Just enjoy that they are there, and savor every moment.

And yes, I am a hypocrite, because I did this too. I will say, though, that it is allowed within the family. Outside of the family, I can guarantee you that no one gives a crap. :)



No comments: