- I need to create a twitter account where no one knows it is me. There are a lot of things that I think people would be interested to read, but in no way do I want those thoughts associated with me.
- I went to see Metallica last night. I can't tell you how happy I was to get to see them again, especially after the new album and with the new bass player.
- I also heard that one of their engineers developed this new cool way to distribute low end at a concert that is supposed to be revolutionary. I will definitely say the sound was good. There is an entire register in my hearing that isn't there this morning.
- Here is a link (warning, really technical stuff here that will bore most people).
- The show was, for lack of a better word, incredible. I can't believe that these guys can put this kind of show at their age, for having done it so long.
- Interesting story from the night: A really drunk guy behind us started putting ketchup and mustard on my buddy's hat, and my other buddy stood up for him. Turns out that they were in the wrong seat, and the AAC upgraded our seats for the trouble. So, I went from sitting in the corner up high to the 15th row, dead center. That was awesome. Thanks, drunk asshole!
- My new Sony Reader is so awesome.
- I am currently reading the Dexter series that inspired the Showtime show. I am glad it just inspired them, because I don't think the books are very good, especially compared to the show.
- I have professed my love for Michael C. Hall before on this here blog, but reading the books to Dexter makes me even more impressed at how he is able to convey emotion in the most subtle way.
- ExplosiveSon is 3-0 on his football team, and he hasn't even touched the ball yet this season. But, I love his attitude, as long as they win, he doesn't care if he does a thing.
- Baseball is really his sport, anyway. He made me proud this weekend by doing very well in his tournament. I was happy to hear him say that he was sad that they didn't get to play more games, and how he wished he was playing baseball right now.
- It has reached the age group where he has to start showing that he can hang with the big boys, and he is starting to show it. I am very happy with that development. Next year, he is eligible to play on the JV team at the high school he will be attending.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
Ok, so I just got finished watching the pilot to the show Community, starring Joel McHale and the legendary Chevy Chase. It was actually pretty funny, and I am looking forward to watching the next one.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
People of Wal-Mart is a really neat blog. What I don't understand is how they continue to come up with these pictures of cars with toys all over them. I have never seen one of these in my life! Is it because I live in Texas and toys would melt in the sun? Or is this a localized phenomenon?
Monday, September 14, 2009
- Good lord, if it doesn't stop raining soon, I think that mass suicides might start happening.
- My dog is going insane being cooped up in the house.
- Went bowling this weekend at the Brunswick lanes in North Richland Hills. When we got there, there were no less than 13 lanes that weren't being used, but we weren't allowed to use those, since they were being "readied" for birthday parties that didn't start for an hour and a half. Nice job on creating false demand for your crappy bowling lanes.
- Ok, I will admit, the Federer between the legs shot was cool...but go to any tennis tournament, no matter what level, and you will see that shot at least once. It was great and all because it was on the big stage, but most people who play tennis regularly can pull that off. I'm just sayin...
- I purchased a Sony E-Reader off of Craigslist last week, and it might be the greatest thing I have ever owned. The best part is that I can "check out" digital books from the Frisco library for 14 days. So far, I haven't spent a dime on books and I have PLENTY to read. It is awesome.
- I just finished Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. Great, great read about medieval times, cathedrals, monks and Earls.
- I am currently reading the "Dexter" series, which is what the show is based upon. Good stuff.
- Man, is it great to have football back. Seriously, it might be the happiest day on my calendar to see the first Cowboys' game. (Especially if they win)
- I feel bad for the Rangers. They have done so well this season, and it looks like they are going to fall just short of the playoffs. It kills me.
- On the latest iPhone/iTunes update, you can upload Genius mixes to your phone, which is great. There is also an option that you can check that fills up the remaining space on your phone with music. Great idea, right? Not so much. Unfortunately, it fills up every inch of space, so you can't download any new apps, nothing. I think they need to add a setting so that it always leaves 50 mb or so, so this won't happen.
- I love technology (just like Kip Dynamite), but every once in a while, I am reminded how behind technology a lot of people are. I just had to teach someone how to use their new work-issued iPhone, and she looked at the thing like it had 3 heads and came from Jupiter.
- Speaking of Jupiter, I love me some Martellus Bennett, but he will only be popular if he can perform on a week to week basis. If he starts to screw up, people will be all over him for being unprofessional. Just be careful, MartyB!