Friday, November 12, 2010

Pizza and Soda

I remember thinking as a kid that Pizza was a balanced meal, because it contained most, if not all, of the food groups.  You had cheese (dairy), pepperoni (meat), bread (crust) and vegetables (tomato sauce).  My prognostication was quickly shot down, as it should have.

My wife frequently gives me crap because I don't drink enough water.  But, my infantile mind screams, "Soda is 80-90% water...shouldn't that count?".  So, can anyone prove me wrong?  I always drink diet soda, by the way, so I am not getting any of that sugar.

Oh, and seriously, if you want to piss me off, tell me about the dangers of drinking diet soda.  I don't want to hear it.  I just want to know if the water in soda counts for anything at all, or if my body can't process it for some reason.

Posted via email from Explosive Amnesia

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Try a Zevia. All natural, zero calories, made with stevia. Your wife cannot get mad at that.

And the cola tastes awesome with pizza!