The Cowboys have now provided me with not one, not two, but three "once in a lifetime" losses that are somewhat akin to a rapidly moving foot to the groin.
Up by 12 with 5 to play against the Giants for a 2 game lead in the NFC East and lose? Check.
Grindy observations from the experience:
|The "line" to get in. It really wasn't a line.|
|Me and T-Rex|
- Getting into the stadium took almost as long as the game itself. Horrible, horrible experience. Luckily, it wasn't too cold or raining. Not a very good system to get 95k people into that place.
- Seats were very high up, but they weren't bad at all.
- In the last row, there were about 10 Giants fans who were wearing Giants jerseys and Zubaz. Poor fashion choice...it looked like they had all lost a bet.
- I sat next to an absolutely crazy person. Pretty sure she was a lesbian. When Dez Bryant scored in the 4th quarter, I raised my arms over my head and she started punching me in the gut like I was a slab of beef and she was Rocky.
- Do not misconstrue what I am saying: I had a blast. She was fun. Just crazy.
- I mean this with no disrespect, just a question. Do lesbians wear the wrist brace as some sort of code? I have seen too many of them wearing one to think that it is a coincidence. Help?
- I participated in something I am ashamed of. If you know me, you know that I strongly believe in the karmic circle. What goes around comes around. If you f*ck with karma, it will get you right back. In the 4th quarter, the Giants fans referenced above decided to leave, and the whole section (myself included), taunted them and waved bye. The Cowboys proceeded to immediately lose the game. I hate myself.
- Traffic was bad. And not in a "Wow, this is bad traffic" kind of way. There was no visible police presence to direct traffic and pedestrians. It was impossible to get anywhere. I know that it is tough getting 100k people out of one place, but I would have thought the police presence would have been much, much greater.
- Cowboys fans suck. They are boring and lazy. But, I blame the video board for almost all of it. It is too easy to be suckered into just watching that and forgetting you are at the game. I couldn't talk the next day, and we were 15 rows from the top.
- I have become convinced that Jerry Jones sold his soul to the devil for those three Super Bowl rings. I think he just missed the fine print that said he would never win another one.
- Thanks to my buddy Travis for taking me, and his vendor for getting us the tickets.