Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Dave's Travel Blog



I travel a pretty fair amount for work, so I get to spend a lot of time in airports and on airplanes.  If there is a better place to people watch, I don't know what it is.  You get such an amazing cross section of people that it never fails to make me wonder how we survived as a species.  I figure I can start to document some of the things that I have seen, because some of them are just too good not to share.

Flight to Chicago O'Hare:

Seated in the row in front of me are an older couple (probably late 50's) and what appears to be their 10-11 year old grandson.  Gramps is in the aisle seat, Grams is in the middle, and blondie boy is at the window.  It was a pretty uneventful flight, and we were seated near the front of the plane.  Upon arriving at O'Hare, in the two second window between pulling into the gate and the pilot turning off the seat belt light, Grams tears off her seat belt, leaps over Gramps and attempts to make it to the back of the plane (probably 30-35 rows worth of people) to get to the bathroom.  She made it all the way to....my row before realizing that she would never make it back to the bathroom.

Has this person ever flown before?  How could she not know that before the seat belt light even went off that there was no way she was going to make it back there?  Hell, you could be seated three rows in front of the bathroom and have trouble making it back, but she wanted to traverse 30 rows of passengers, 5 to a row in less than .3 of a second?  I could only shake my head in disbelief.

Next blog post...The impatient old man seated next to me...

No comments: