Monday, November 16, 2009

Daily Grind...


  • I am usually glad to see cold weather move in for about 2 days. Then I am sick of it.
  • At least I am done with outdoor sports for now. Everything is indoors from here on out.
  • I deleted my FriendFeed account. I found it to be essentially worthless to me.
  • Bought myself a turntable for my birthday this weekend. I have never owned one, and wanted to see what all of the fuss is about. It is an interesting study in my behavior. I like listening to records, but is it because it is on vinyl only? The three records I bought, I already have on MP3. Why is it that because the song is through a needle does it make me want to listen? Does it really sound better?
  • I think there is a difference in sound...the low end seems to be much fuller...but is it enough for me to say, "Yeah! That is what I was looking for!"? I don't think so...
  • The records I bought were Boston's self titled, Rush's Moving Pictures and Led Zeppelin II. Two of those were made before I was born, and the other when I was 5. I thought that was pretty cool that those albums have stood the test of time.
  • The only thing that my kids thought was cool about it is when we changed the speed of the record and it sounded like the chipmunks. They couldn't have cared less about anything else.
  • Got some videos sent to me from the old guitarist in my first "real" band. It was so great seeing those old shows, seeing how inexperienced we were back then...the thing is, that the music was really, really good...
  • Watching yourself perform publicly at 19 years old makes you feel old quick.
  • Back then, I shaved my head very, very close. That wasn't a good look for me. It wasn't until I grew my hair back out that girls started to pay attention to me.
  • I remember back then that my only goal was to play Trees...and when we booked a Tuesday night at Trees, we all jumped around and hugged each other, like we had made it.
  • I want to say a special thanks to my family for putting up with all of that...we practiced in my Mom's garage (even though I didn't live there anymore) and were really loud...and they put up with it all, so thanks to ExplosiveMom, ExplosiveSisters and ExplosiveBrother.
  • I also want to thank ExplosiveWife for putting up with the band stuff for almost a decade. That must have been rough on her, and I appreciate how much she put up with until I decided I was done.
  • I still miss the heck out of it sometimes. Blogging just doesn't have the same rush

No comments: