Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mitt and Paul: Cagematch!



I realize this post will come off as a bit hypocritical, but I really needed to get this off of my chest.

Also, this post is NOT directed at any one person.  One look at my timeline and you will understand.

Why, oh why, do people feel the need to air their personal political and religious views?  Why do people spend time and energy telling others who they are going to vote for and why?

Why do people feel like their political view is going to make me change mine?

If you go back to your Facebook posts from 4 years ago, you will probably see the exact same crap that is floating around as there is now.  How this person is the antichrist and this person is the savior...How God wants this person to be President, and Satan wants this person to be President.

If baffles me to think that anyone gives a flying shit.  The only people who are going to respond to you are the people you are calling batshit crazy yourself!  Do you REALLY think that the person in charge of this country should have upstanding christian values?  Last time I checked, we have about 100+ different religions in this country, and the President has to represent them all.

This is what really gets me:  Has ONE person, in the history of time, ever changed their political view because someone else told them to?  Do people who stand on the proverbial rooftops EVER sway another person?

If you fill my timeline with neverending swill, all that will do is make me want to listen to you LESS.

Ok, rant over.  My point is that politics and religion are PERSONAL and should be kept so. The louder you are about those views, the less normal people are going to listen.  Please continue calling Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity....I don't have to listen to them.  All I want to be is left alone when it comes to politics and religion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My only requirement for President of the US is that the person is loyal to the US and wants the best for the US. Extremely high energy costs (as pushed by this President) is not in the best interest of the US.

If you don't listen to the arguments, what does that say about you?

Anonymous said...

Religion and politics have a large influence on our culture. It only takes a generation or two for a culture to go from a free and just society to a barbaric and cruel society. Our culture is exceptional in human history. These ideas that shape our values need to be discussed, debated and passed on.