Monday, June 15, 2009

Daily Grind...






  • Does anyone else have those friends on Facebook that carry on personal conversations on their wall, and some of them get a little too personal? I have one of those...
  • I saw two movies this weekend...one was intensely boring, and the other was much funnier than I thought it would be. The titles were Defiance and Bedtime Stories. You decide which was which.
  • Installed a new back door this weekend. Couldn't have done it without my super-handyman brother-in-law. Thanks, bro.
  • To return the favor, I used my BRAND NEW pressure washer on his house. Those things are so freaking awesome...they will clean just about anything, and it is kind of fun to do at the same time.
  • I did get a blister from moving the wand side to side.
  • That's what she said?
  • ExplosiveKids have already told me that they are bored. Summer is only 2 weeks old. They are in for a hell of a time.
  • I need a vacation like nobody's business.
  • Remember those commercials that sang that song? I think it was American Airlines, but I am not sure...
  • I am going to miss playing in a band...but I am not going to miss it. That probably makes sense in a weird way.
  • I highly recommend everyone encourage thier kids to learn an instrument and try to get into a band. Even if they never go any farther than a garage, it brings so many different skills to the table.
  • Are Russell Brand and Ricky Gervais really that funny, or is just the way they talk? Of course I think they are funny, but that accent makes them 10x more hilarious. It has been proven in laboratories.
  • Received an ad in the mail for a lawyer who will protest your property tax for you. My wife was about to call them when a story on the news came on about that very firm and how they have had tons of BBB complaints. Whew...dodged a bullet on that one!
  • Maybe I should change the title of my posts to Weekly Grind.

2 comments:

just a girl... said...

I love these type of posts. I do a tin truths on thursday which is similar. I love FB but yes I hate the people that post TMI on walls. On the instrument I agree completely. Finally broke down this year and got my 14 year old drums. Best thing I ever did.

nice to meet ya

Anonymous said...

Ricky Gervais is just plain hilarious. And, you're right, the accent doesn't hurt.