Tuesday, July 20, 2010

On to Posterous...

So, I tried the import from Blogger routine on Posterous.  I am going to give this a shot.  

Blogger had just lost its edge for me. It seems to be a forgotten product in the Google landscape.  Plus, Posterous does a really, really good job of convincing you to switch over.  Consider me easily swayed.

One of the big parts of switching was the auto-post to Twitter.  I need that.  I do an umpiring blog with my dad, and if this experiment works out, I will probably make the switch from WordPress.

I like Blogger...it just started to gather some cobwebs.  Kind of like my blog.  I guess it is unfair of me to criticize when I am doing pretty much the same thing, but I am allowed to do some things just because.  This is one of them.

For those of you who do still read me on blogger, Posterous should continue to post on that site.  It was more about the vehicle than anything.  I will miss you, Blogger, but now I got me a blog host with big fake boobies, and I am going to give those a test drive for a while.

Lou Piniella announced his retirement today...he will leave the Cubs at the end of the season.  Did I ever tell you that I met him in O'Hare airport?  It was the day after the Cubs were swept out of the playoffs by the Diamondbacks several years ago.  He was a great guy, very nice.  I will miss him, but I hope they replace him with Ryno. Call me selfish, but I want to see my hero manage the Cubs and lead them to a World Series ring.  That would be the ultimate.

I checked a big thing off of my bucket list this week...I saw Weird Al live.  Yes, I am a nerd, but you knew that.  It was great...he was funny, spot-on, and the show sounded great.  His band is looking a little bit old, though.  I guess they don't age as well as Al, because he still looks like he is 30.

Posted via email from Explosive Amnesia

No comments: