Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Monthly grind...




  • Ok, so let me explain...I just got done with pretty much 4 straight weeks of work hell. Now, my work hell isn't like a lot of other's work hell. I didn't put in any crazy hours, I didn't not see my family for a month, etc. But for me, work hell is just an incoming barrage of to-do items mixed with two crazy projects coming at the same time. When these happen, I don't even really see my desk for the entire day, let alone have time to blog.
  • ExplosiveSon's baseball team, for lack of a better word, sucks. We have only won one game this year, and it was in a tournament. Otherwise, we are ohfer in our other games. To make matters worse, we haven't even scored a run in the last three games. Yes, we have been shutout three straight games. In the last game, we were so bad that our #3 hitter in our lineup only got one at-bat. That is pathetic.
  • Two weekends ago, I had a GREAT idea for a business themed website. I started to map out the ideas, talked it over with a few friends, and even started putting together a very loose business plan. I got to work on Monday, and there, in my Google Reader, was my business plan. Thought of by someone else. That same weekend. FML
  • Boy, Twitter has taken off, hasn't it? It is all I hear about anymore.
  • 6 months ago, I emailed Jeff Catlin of the Ticket (1310AM in Dallas) and told him about Twitter, and how useful I thought it would be for the station. I tried to explain to him about how they could post guests and upcoming segments, etc., and that they would have a captive audience constantly waiting to tune into his station. The other day, Gordo on the morning show said that the station should do this, and how awesome it would be. FML
  • We hired someone at work, spent two weeks training them, and they didn't show up for 2 straight days after getting out of training, automatically earning them a pink slip. How can someone do that? They didn't even call or anything. I would like an explanation, please!
  • I played the "final final" show with my old band over the weekend. It was fun. Here is a song from that show. That is me on the bass.
  • I finally ordered my new computer. It is a Gateway. I should get it this week via FedEx. I cannot wait. It has been forever since I had a badass computer. I am so stoked!
  • Did you ever notice that there is an arrow between the E and the X in the FedEx logo? Someone pointed that out to me and now that is all I ever see when I see the logo.
  • Big Bang Theory last night was a rerun, but it was a good one. It was the Christmas episode where Penny gave Sheldon the napkin signed by Leonard Nimoy. Funniest scene ever when he unwraps the present and freaks out. If you don't watch this show, you really, really need to.
  • I am amazed that the same guy who came up with The Big Bang Theory is responsible for Two and a Half men, the most unfunny show in the history of television.
  • Every night, I watch an episode of the Simpsons on the Tivo, and they always have a little promo for 2.5 Men. Those promos are so unfunny that I actually enjoy watching them before forwarding through the rest of the commercials.
  • I forgot that Jon Cryer (Ducky from Pretty in Pink and one of the 2.5 Men) was also in Hot Shots with Charlie Sheen. He played Washout, the guy with walleye vision.
  • They wanted to perform a multioptipupiloptomy on him, but because the corneas are so delicate, they had to go in through the rectum. Ain't no man gonna take that route with him.
  • Movie that was better when I was younger: Big Trouble in Little China
  • Movie#2 that was better when I was younger: Crocodile Dundee
  • Movie that got better as I got older: The Neverending Story
  • There is a blog that I read that goes to great, great lengths to point out every single potential misstep of Barack. Now, I am no political genius, but shouldn't we give this guy a shot before completely dismissing what he is trying to do?
  • I forget sometimes that the basis of politics is degrading the other guy. There really seems to be very little about "pundits"

Mark June 5th on your calendars. I can't tell you why yet, but mark it down.

3 comments:

The Accomplice said...

Let me guess, the coach's kid plays a key postion on the team. Even though the kid might suck.

LandShark 5150 said...

Found your blog and think it is great. Hearing the baseball stories bring back memories. Coached a son and daughter thru all the sports till they reached jr. and high school years. Now I have the grandkids to watch. I may or may not be the BO misstep blogger you speak of, and I do know I need to change it up a bit, but the older I get the more politics wears on me. If I'm not the guy -- as the late Gilda Radner would say "never mind."

LandShark 5150 said...

by the way -- Big Trouble in Little China -- still makes me laugh.