Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Daily Grind...


  • I just noticed that my 2-liter of Diet Dr. Pepper has a warning on it:  Caution:  Contents under pressure.  Cap may blow off causing eye injury.  Point away from face and people, especially while opening.  Have you ever known anyone injured while opening a 2-liter?  Even if you shook it really, really, really hard, would there be enough pressure to cause injury?
  • All of the networks are fighting to have the first game of the new Cowboys stadium on their network.  Never underestimate the power of the Cowboys on television.
  • I think this year will be a good one for the 'Boys.  They got rid of a major distraction, and they will have tons to prove this year.  That is always a good combination.
  • Why do we abbreviate "combination" with "combo"?  Where did the "o" come from?
  • Why is it when someone has a problem with alcohol, they are called an alcoholic, but if someone has a problem with shopping, they are a shopoholic? Shouldn't they be a shopic?
  • I saw the movie "W" last night.  Look for a separate movie review later today.
  • Did you know that the CEO of the big company in "Terminator:Sarah Connor Chronicles" is also the lead singer of Garbage (Stupid Gril, I'm only happy when it rains)?  She is the red-headed Scottish chick.
  • I am really struggling with a decision:  Whether to buy a Kindle or not.  I don't read near as much as I used to, but that is because books are a pain.  I love my books, but I just haven't found much that interests me, and I need to jump start my reading prowess again.  I keep going back and forth about if I really need one, but I really want one. I have the need fairy on my left shoulder scowling at me (for some reason, she looks just like ExplosiveWife) and the want fairy on my right shoulder, pleading with me.  I just can't seem to come to a solid decison.  Oh yeah, there is that $360 price tag waiting to kick me in the nuts.

No comments: