Monday, March 30, 2009

Daily Grind...


  • Wow, it has been a while. Had a crazy project going on at work that took every waking moment of my life away for a week and a half. That one is done, but there is another one on the horizon.
  • Speaking of horizons, I have not heard one second of the new U2 album, and I really don't think it has affected me. I have never been that big of a U2 fan, for some reason.
  • Baseball tournament this weekend, which explains the picture. The weather was so bad on Saturday with the wind and cold. Then, on Sunday, the most perfect weather you could ask for. There was not a cloud in the sky, which explains the sunburn. I was wearing a hat and sunglasses. My face is all puffy and swollen. Great fun.
  • Note to people who drive: If you are behind me and you are going fast, flashing your brights at me will NEVER get me to move over. In fact, if you do that, I am more likely to slow down and make you pass me. If you give me a sec, I will get out of your way, but one way to make things worse for yourself is to flash your brights.
  • ExplosiveWife had her yearly "Must repaint a room in the house" weekend. It was her gym this time, but she picked really good colors and it looks great. We paid a friend of a friend to paint the room. Yes, he was hispanic. Yes, he did a fantastic job. Yes, we paid him more than he quoted.
  • Mafia Wars on Facebook is strangely addicting. There really isn't much, if any, skill involved. It is just clicking. But I can't stop playing it, nor can I explain why I continue to play it.
  • Martellus Bennett of the Cowboys has a twitter account which is interesting. He says a lot of things that someone in the public probably shouldn't, but that is what makes it interesting.
  • If you aren't following Shaq on twitter, you need to right now. Probably the most entertaining tweets you will read.
  • Son's baseball tournament this weekend was a big success for our team. We lost the first two games, so we were seeded #11 out of 15 teams. We then proceeded to beat the #6 seed in the first round, and we lost to the #1 seed by one run in the last inning. The kids were disappointed, but us coaches were elated. Our kids really stepped up and learned a lot about themselves.
  • If you hadn't guessed, my face hurts. This morning, I kept on waking up and moving my face to a different part of the pillow because it was cool and it felt good.
  • The concession stand at the ballfields where our tournament was held had the best chicken strips I have ever had. It was in Grand Prairie.

2 comments:

Epic_Life said...

LOVE those days at the baseball fields! Young Epic's team will be in the area for three games next weekend and I can't wait.

By the way (in case you didn't see my reply to your comment) "Athene" is the Greek goddess of wisdom, and she appears often in The Odyssey. My student thought I believed I was speaking to the Greek goddess.

The Accomplice said...

Glad to see your back. I can't wait until our baseball season starts.