Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Daily Grind...



  • When I watch Stars, Mavs, or Rangers games on TV, I always look at the crowd shots and hope that I see someone I know, just so I can call them and tell them I just saw them on TV.  Sadly, this has never happened.
  • Big Bang Theory was really, really funny last night.
  • In hockey, when a team does not get the icing call, and they say "they wave the icing call", is it "wave" or "waive"?  This troubles me more than you know.
  • My son is in 7th grade, and has ZERO ability to explain himself.  It is like his brain stops working if you ask him to tell you the details of something.
  • Unless that something is Call of Duty.  He can tell you in amazing detail the happenings of the online round he played 3 weeks ago.
  • So, I was like, running around, and I like, got the shotgun, and this guy like threw a grenade at me and I was like, NO!, and like, it blew up and I was almost dead until I shot him, and I like got six kills in a row.
  • That actually happened.  When he talks about Call of Duty, he becomes L. Ron Hubbard.
  • Seriously, have you read anything by Hubbard?  By far, the longest book I have ever finished was Battlefield Earth. Pretty good book, but man, that took me forever to finish.  I refuse to get rid of it because it feels like I truly accomplished something when I completed it.
  • Fringe was awesome last night.  I don' t know what I like so much about that show.  Maybe it is the fact that they can do the craziest things with the script but somehow make it believable in context of the show.  Last night, a guy in an airplane turned into a Sasquatch Porcupine.  Go here for a picture.
  • The lady killed in Euless yesterday by an overturned sand truck was a mother of three.  It is scary how quickly life can be snatched away from you.
  • My wife's cousin was killed in a car accident just a few months ago.  She was a single mother of a 5 year old girl.  Absolutely tragic, but it comforted me to know that she had a strong family support system so her little girl will always be taken care of.
  • That is the reason that family is always the most important thing to maintain.
  • I sit right next to the printer at work.  I suspect that few things can be a bigger beating than hearing people complain all day about their documents that won't print.  And there are always two or three people that seem to gripe about every single thing they print.  
  • Stupid Printer.

1 comment:

el chupacabra said...

Dude, The Transformation was definitely in the top 3 of Fringe episodes! That creature rawked.