Tuesday, February 10, 2009

So Tired...

I have been feeling really, really tired lately.  I don't think I am doing anything differently, I just can't seem to get going.   I spend most of the morning fighting the alarm clock to get out of bed, and then when I get to work, I just don't feel like doing anything.  I have skipped my workout for the last three days and I am not happy with myself.

I went through a little bit of an ideological shift yesterday.  I noticed that any time someone came out and bashed Barack, I was getting defensive.  Not that I particularly love the man or anything, but he genuinely seems like he is trying to do something different as President.  Sure, he doesn't have all of the answers, but he appears to be trying, and that is so much more than I can say about the previous administration.  I would also get very upset at these people who are so anti-anything, because we could just go back to Bush and get the same old crap.

At that moment is when I realized that I really just need to chill out.  That is what makes this country great in my mind.  Someone out there can post a video online about how they hate Barack and his politics, and no one really says anything.  It is their right to do so, and that is what I need to remember about this.  In fact, I think that is what everyone needs to remember, is that you have this right to say what you want without fearing persecution.  So, let's just all learn to respectfully disagree, huh?


No comments: