Thursday, February 12, 2009

Daily Grind...Valentine's Edition


  • I ordered ExplosiveWife's Valentine's Day present yesterday.  Yeah, I know it was late, but I told her I found the perfect gift and it would be coming in after Valentines.  She is great like that, but she quickly mentioned how she wanted something on that day.  
  • The shipping was 5 bucks for standard.  If I wanted it overnight, it was going to cost me $49.  Really?  50 bucks to overnight something that weighs a few ounces?  Someone has their shipping charges all messed up.
  • It was Amazon, but not true Amazon.  One of their resellers, or partners, whichever is right.
  • I can't believe that Barry Green hasn't seen Hot Rod.  I figured that would be near the top of his list.
  • ExplosiveWife is running her 18th marathon this weekend in Surfside Beach. It is one of the only, if not the only, marathons that is run entirely on sand.  She usually finishes right around 4 hours, but I fear this one is going to last much, much longer.  Hopefully the weather will be tolerable.
  • I have been a spectator at so many marathons, I am now an expert.  If you ever need tips on how to be a good spectator, drop me a line and I will tell you everything I know.
  • I can't wait for baseball season to get rolling.  Every year about this time I get the fever.
  • I keep having dreams that I am going back to work at my old job, but they keep renovating and adding all kinds of new buildings.  It is very confusing.
  • Last time I dreamt about it, everyone from my high school was working there as well. That was odd, to say the least.
  • Sometimes I start these posts early in the morning and just add to them all day...like now!
  • The Ms. Freshley's Chocolate Chip Creme Sandwiches are awesome. They are like Oatmeal Cream Pies, but instead of oatmeal cookies, you get really thin chocolate chip cookies.  They are muy delicioso.
  • During the rain storm the other night, I noticed my son's friend's basketball blowing down the street, so I ran out and rescued it. I was soaked in 10 seconds.  And, it was cold.  But I saved a basketball from certainly being lost.
  • In Galveston all weekend...see you on Tuesday!

No comments: