Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Bridgeporters and Eulessites

I think I like the way the Bridgeport/Decatur faction has blogged lately.  Does that area have the largest ratio of bloggers per capita?  I think so, because everyone there seems to have a blog.

I think I would like to start focusing more on where I live, the HEB area.  That stands for Hurst/Euless/Bedford, for those of you from Wise County.  I kid, I kid!  You know I love all of you guys, otherwise, I wouldn't follow your blogs.

I will see what kind of things I can dreg up visavis the Euless area.  I might not have as many grainy iPhone photos as Barry, but let me see what I can come up with.


Apparently it is now illegal to use a cell phone in active school zones in Hurst.

There is a building in Euless at the corner of Pipeline and Industrial that looks like it is about to be torn down. There has been a demolition trailer out front for the past few days. Does anyone know why they are tearing it down, or know of a way to find out?  I am interested, as this building has been there forever, and it is old, unkept, and in need of a major facelift.  Can anyone help?

View Larger Map

4 comments:

The Accomplice said...

You know you love us. Blogging is the new black. (Your direct quote) I for one, have enjoyed your new blog. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Although I grew up in Gawd's Country, I went to Euless Junior High my ninth grade year, and graduated from Trinity in 1977. Going from seven kids in my class in Gawd's Country to the big schools was a fright, and I still have nightmares about it to this day! My first job was as a maid at the Jolly Roger, then I moved up to being a sales clerk in a fish store in Wilshire Plaza.

I met my husband while living there, it's where we bought our first and second houses, then moved to Lake Dallas in 1984. In 1990, we moved back to Gawd's Country.........I could never stand the constant noise in that area, although it was cool not to have to drive 17 miles for beer and pizza! I lived there when E-Z Way Grocery was the only grocery store, then came Buddies, oh, and Dunston's Steakhouse! It was quite the thing when McDonalds came to Euless, but I liked Taco Patio better.........and then, even better, Taco Bueno.......

Naw.....it's cool driving 17 miles for beer and pizza when gas isn't four bucks a gallon. Oh, and please note I said Gawd's Country, which is NOT Wise County - I avoid that whole area like the plague. Wild, crazy people live there.

Anonymous said...

Oh, could the old building be the Menasco plant? I'd have to drive down there to tell for sure, but I'm thinking that might be it, unless it's another building across the street......I think there was a feed store around there some where. A picture would do me a world of good.

Sincerely, the previous anon poster

Duh said...

That is probably what it is. It looks like an old manufacturing plant. Oddly enough, I took a picture of it as I drove by it yesterday.

This building is just on the north side of Trinity on 157, about a quarter mile north of Strip Club Alley.