Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Daily Grind...



  • Blah Blah Blah Inaguration Thoughts Blah Blah
  • No, seriously...I thought it went well.  I especially liked the fumble on the oath.  I liked the way that Barack paused.  He seemed to have a look on his face that said, "Seriously?  You are going to eff this moment up for me?  I don't think so."
  • Fringe last night was really good. I am glad that shows are starting back up. I can't believe Lost starts again tonight.  I am kind of excited.
  • Speaking of shows, I don't think that I have ever bailed on a show as quickly and violently as I did with Heroes.  That show just stopped being interesting, and fast.
  • If you haven't tried Xobni yet and you use Outlook, you should give it a look. It is pretty cool.  I have invites if you can't get in, just drop me a line.
  • I am seriously disturbed at how little people seem to value their jobs.  Not everyone, but some people are so cavalier about coming to work and staying at work.
  • There are certain songs that when I sing them in my head, they run into other songs.  For example, I heard Beyonce singing "At Last" for the Obama's dance, and whenever I sing that song in my head, it becomes "Midnight Train to Georgia".
  • I want to rent "Left 4 Dead" for the 360. 
  • I saw a preview of a special NatGeo is doing on Air Force One.  I don't know if Barack is doing it because of the cameras, but he really seems to care about everyone that surrounds him.  I like the line, "Oh yeah, I want the fries too." (Thanks to BON for tipping me off on the video)

  • President-Elect Obama's First Flight on Air Force One from Minjae Ormes on Vimeo.
  • Two Month Review - (I like to review music after I have listened to it alot) - Death Magnetic by Metallica- Compared to St. Anger, this album is quite good.  After listening to a lot of it, I notice that there are really only 3-4 GOOD songs on there.  Everything else just seemed like they were just throwing riffs into a blender and joining them together somehow.  "All Nightmare Long" is easily my favorite track on the album, followed by "The Day That Never Comes" and "The Unforgiven III".  "All Nightmare Long" all by itself is better than their last two albums, so good on you, Rick Rubin, for bringing out some long lost ability in tallica.
  • If you can find a Mexican restaurant that has words misspelled on their menu or their sign, that is usually a pretty good indication that the food will be good.  This is my observation.

  • From Drop Box
    This photo is from Lupe's in Bedford.  Really good food, and they bring you bean dip with your chips and salsa, which is probably the best part. Service has always been a little spotty, but it is the food that really matters.  Just don't go there on a Friday night when Trinity is playing at home.  They are right across the street from Pennington Field, and it is impossible to find a place to park.
  • If you haven't listened to "I Will Possess Your Heart" by Death Cab for Cutie, give it a listen.  I don't think you will be disappointed, but be warned: The first 5 minutes of the song are instrumental.  I thought something was wrong the first time I heard the non-radio version, but apparently they did it on purpose.

Death Cab For Cutie - I Will Possess Your Heart
Found at skreemr.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello SpoonerStreet -

My name is Minjae Ormes and I work with National Geographic Channel to promote the programs online. I read your post w/the video clip of President Obama on board Air Force One and wanted to thank you for your interest in the program!

Also, I wanted to give you a link to another version hosted on NGC Video site, as the previous version may not be working anymore: http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/videos/player.html?title=06286_00

My apologies for any inconvenience and thanks so much for your interest!

Best,
Minjae Ormes
Digital Consultant
http://minjaeormes.com

The Accomplice said...

I agree with you about the Hero's show. I rather be sleeping than watch that.
I didn't watch the Inaguration because I would have to jump off the court house roof. (JK) Wasn't there an incident at lunch time during the inaguration. I would have collapsed to. Good reason to leave. Lol.

Epic_Life said...

"alot" no, no no. It's two words- a lot.
I'm sorry- you should NEVER have given permission for me to correct your grammar and spelling!

I'll go away now...