Monday, January 19, 2009

Daily Grind...

  • The hit that Willis McGahee took last night in the AFC championship reminded me of when he blew out his knee his senior year in Miami.  I was going to post a picture of that hit, but I changed my mind when I almost threw up after seeing it.
  • Why does everyone in the world have the day off today except me and my wife?
  • I overthink grammar to the point where I tend to get it wrong because I overcorrect.
  • I always feel bad for people who need overtime at work, but can't get it.  It puts me in a position that I don't like to be in.
  • I spend more time trying to avoid confrontation than I do anything else.
  • SiliconeAlley cusses too much.  But I secretly wish that I could cuss that much and get away with it.
  • Cussing has always confused me.  Why is it okay to say, "I crapped my pants" but not "I shit my pants"?  Are crap and shit really that different?
  • My daughter came home from school one day saying that the computer games they have at school are gay.  When did the word gay replace stupid?
  • I hope Atreyu's next album is as good as their last one.  A lot of people are pissed because they changed their sound for this last album, but I for one loved the change and became a big fan.
  • The pilot of that flight that landed in the Hudson must have huge brass cojones, but what I am most impressed with is how humble he is being about it.
  • If you don't use Google Reader, what is wrong with you?
  • I really wish Google would get on the stick and increase the amount of storage allowed for Picasa.  Windows Live went up to 25 GB!!!!  All I am asking for is just a bit more so I don't have to stress about which pictures to share.  And I don't want Flickr.  So don't suggest it.

4 comments:

The Accomplice said...

I have only recently discovered atreyu through their latest album. Hopefully their new album kicks butt. My fav is Becoming the bull.

Duh said...

That was the song that got me to listen to them. I heard it on the radio, but didn't know who sung it, so I remembered a snippet of the lyrics and googled it. I downloaded a few of their songs and was instantly hooked. I went back to listen to some of their older stuff and I didn't like it as much as Lead Sails Paper Anchor. Listen to the song Doomsday. That one is great!

The Accomplice said...

I downloaded Doomsday. Not bad, its now added to the itunes collection. Do you like Shameful? Its another song from them that I really like.

Duh said...

Hey, that one isn't bad. I hadn't found much in their older catalog that I like, but that one could do it! Thanks for the recommendation. If you find other stuff, let me know.

By the way, download songs from Amazon, not iTunes. They are cheaper, better quality, and you don't have to pay extra for no DRM. And, they go right into iTunes to put on your iPod.