Monday, January 26, 2009

Daily Grind...



  • I use ellipses too much...
  • After posting that I am a grammar Nazi, it brought a lot of people out of the woodwork who were more than happy to point out some of my grammatical mistakes.  Thank you.
  • I have realized though, that I am not so much a grammar Nazi, but more of a spelling Nazi.  I try really, really hard to make sure that everything is spelled correctly.  I promise you, if you found a misspelled word on this blog, it is probably a result of a typo.
  • That was not an invitation to scan the entire blog for a misspelled word, but if you are like me, you probably will do it anyway.  Just make sure to comment so I can feel sorry for myself for a week or so.
  • I hope some government scanning program doesn't flag me for using the word Nazi so often.
  • Note to Mark Cuban:  Trade while the value is high.  You know this.
  • Someone called Blake Beaven cocky this weekend.  Someone came to his defense.  You tell me if this is cocky:  He has an Escalade with a suede interior and the license plate is "KEMUP15".  He hasn't thrown a single pitch in the majors yet.  Cocky?
  • My wife wants to stay at home and not work.  It can't happen until I make some more money, which can't happen until our economy gets going again.  It is going to be a while, honey.
  • Make sure you tell your kids that you love them. Often.
  • Teachers:  Is there ANY way one can teach without a bachelor's degree?
  • I got mad at my son's basketball coach last week.  At halftime, we were down by 25 points.  We had only scored three points.  Guess what he did at halftime? Told the boys to shoot layups while he yukked it up with the refs.
  • The refs were bad too.  I used to referee when I was younger, and I tried a lot harder than these two knuckleheads.
  • What I love about personal blogs:  So very rarely do we get insight into how people think, but stream-of-consciousness blogs give us that.  We don't know the people who blog on a personal level (usually) but it gives us such a fantastic viewpoint into the human mind and how truly random it is.

No comments: