Saturday, January 10, 2009

Good Morning!

 

Rangers Opening Day 2008 vs. Orioles 105

  • Watching the MLB network is like reliving my childhood all over again. This is truly a great station. Hopefully they will be able to maintain all of this great programming for a long time. Lord knows they have enough history to keep us entertained for a long, long time.
  • We played Monopoly last night.  I got the new set for Christmas this year, and it is great.  They have debit cards now instead of money, and it makes the game go much, much faster.  We have completed three whole games of Monopoly (the only games in my life that I have seen completed) and I actually won the game last night.
  • I never realized this about Monopoly, but once you get to a certain point, it is all about your luck with the dice.  Skill can get you there, but lady luck needs to be on your side at the end.
  • I have been on a sports biography kick lately.  I read “My Prison Without Bars” by Pete Rose, and I am almost finished with “Love Me Hate Me” by Jeff Pearlman, which is about Barry Bonds.
  • I feel different about Pete Rose after reading his book.  Yeah, he is a schmuck, but it is his pure passion and competitiveness that made him who he is, which I have to respect a little bit.
  • On the other hand, Barry Bonds is an over-privileged douche who thinks he is God’s gift to everything.  I have zero respect for that man or anything that he accomplished.  Even if he did it the right way, I still think he deserves every bit of venom spewed at him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI,
You just made me an automatic fan baseball banter and a pic of a play at the plate....at the Ballpark to boot!

Looking forward to frequenting this place.

Anonymous said...

Hey Now...looks like Barry was in the right place at http://www.wcmessenger.com/blogs/joeduty/the right time..check out his pic

Duh said...

I took that picture Opening Day of last year. It was one of those "right place right time" kind of things. Plus, it is Milton Bradley, who just signed with the Cubs, which is my favorite team. Thanks for the kind words!