Thursday, January 29, 2009

Daily Grind...

  • I hope that when I get older, I don't cling to email like old people cling to mailing letters.  I hope that I am able to move with the trends of communication.
  • I am still waiting for my mom to get on Facebook.
  • I did that "25 things..." deal on Facebook that has been making the rounds.  Oddly enough, there were some things that I wouldn't say there that I would say here.  Hmmm...
  • For example, I said that I don't believe that God has buckets of things up in heaven that he doles out to people.  It isn't like he has a fanny pack full of patience that he just gives to people.  It kind of frustrates me when people ask God for things like patience or knowledge.  I believe God gave us the tools to deal with those kind of things ourselves.  If you don't have the patience to handle something on your own, you need to figure out how to get it.  God isn't going to FedEx it to you.
  • On the other hand, I completely respect that one has the right to believe whatever one wants.  I will not argue opinions with people.
  • I saw the movie "Reservation Road" last night with Joaquin Phoenix.  A pretty straightforward movie without a lot of twists.  A very sad tale about a father who loses his son in a hit and run accident and the man that hit him.  All I could think about during this movie is how depressing it must have been for them to make this movie.  There was nothing happy about the story at all.
  • The Mavericks are the yo-yoiest team in the history of ever right now.
  • How, oh how, can our government not do something about Wall Street people still collecting bonuses?  How can this continue??
  • I just emailed my representative. I will let you know what he says.
  • Believe it or not, he has gotten back with me every time I have emailed him (twice before).
  • Thanks for reading my blog.  I really appreciate every single one of you that takes the time to read the stuff that comes out of my head.  I especially love those of you that comment and challenge me to come up with compelling content (which I don't know if I have done yet, but I am not gonna quit!).

1 comment:

The Accomplice said...

I love your blog. For some strange reason, I can't comment on it while at the office. Oh well, Just know you have faithful readers.